GSV Ventures is a venture capital firm investing in exceptional technology entrepreneurs creating scaled solutions in the “PreK to Gray” digital education and skills market. Our investments include Coursera, Class Dojo, Remind, Master Class, Degreed, Guild Education, and many more leaders shaping the future of education. We invest in education technology leaders positioned to achieve disproportionate gains. Additionally, GSV hosts the world-renowned ASU+GSV Summit with some of the globe’s most prominent speakers including Bill Gates, John Legend, Malcolm Gladwell, and Priscilla Chan. We are now hiring an Associate passionate about entrepreneurship and education.
GSV Ventures is looking for our next high performing full-time Associate.
GSV Associates are primarily responsible for sourcing early-stage investment opportunities, as well as providing operational support to portfolio companies, driving global sector research, and developing themes and content for the ASU+GSV Summit.
Who we are looking for:
We want our next team member to be highly curious, proactive, self-starting, tech-savvy, financially sophisticated, and passionate about transformative entrepreneurship. Ideal candidates will have strong VC and/or growth fund with direct deal experience or are coming from an operating role within edtech. Although an engineering degree or technical experience is not required, it is an advantage.
The expectations of the individual include:
- Be comfortable initiating dialogue and rapport with fund partners, CEOs of technology startups, and other senior industry experts
- Be highly inquisitive and relentless in identifying emerging trends
- Be constructively paranoid about missing out on the best emerging teams and companies
- Be able to aggressively sell the advantages of alignment with the GSV platform
- Be highly service and relationship-oriented when it comes to sector entrepreneurs and partners
- Have a hair on fire mentality in identifying companies and their founders that will have the greatest impact on the education/talent sector
- Be a self-starter who is collaborative and focused on elevating those around you
GSV Ventures is based in San Francisco, Chicago, and New York. However, we invest globally and welcome remote candidates. Additionally, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company, as diverse teams produce higher returns. We encourage underrepresented people to apply from all races, religions, colors, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, ages, marital statuses, veteran statuses, and disability statuses.
To apply please fill out this form or contact email@example.com with referrals.